Will designers hold insurance?

You should ensure that your designer holds adequate and appropriate insurance cover. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the designer for failing to produce work to a professional standard. Registered architects are required by their regulatory body (ARB) to hold Professional Indemnity Insurance, however it is highly recommended that all designers are covered.